1. It is not only babies who cry. No matter your age, it’s okay to let tears cascade like waterfalls over your cheeks, they are not a sign of weakness.
2. Sometimes you can say “I love you” without uttering a word.
3. Silence is golden, but speak out for what you believe in. If it will keep you safe scream as loud as you can.
4. You will make friends and you will lose them. The people who laugh with you, but also stand by you when you can’t stop your tears from creating a fifth ocean are your real family.
5. Chocolate is only a temporary solution to a permanent problem, but you are allowed to have your cake and eat it too.
6. People lie, but that doesn’t mean you can’t trust them.
7. The glass is neither half empty nor half full. Likewise you can be both happy and sad at the same time.
8. The boy who treats you like another one of his burnt out cigarettes will never be good for you. Leave now before you’re addicted to the smell of second-hand smoke.
9. No one can judge you more than yourself.
10. Tell your parents you love them even if you just got into a fight. You never know if it will be the last time you see them.
11. Everyone has scars, whether they are on a person’s skin or in their heart. Everyone is struggling with something even if you can’t see what it is.
12. It is better to be embarrassed by something you said than regret not saying it.
13. They don’t teach self-love in school. Some things you have to learn yourself.
14. Strangers can become life long friends, but first you have to talk to them.
15. It’s okay not to be okay.
16. If all you are able to do today is continue breathing, that’s alright. If you can manage that then there’s a chance you will survive until you are finally able to remember how to smile and start living again."